Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Oh How He Loves Us

I am completely obsessed with the song "Oh How He Loves Us" by Jared Anderson. Here are the lyrics:

He is jealous for me
Loves like a hurricane
I am a tree
Bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy
When all of a sudden
I am unaware of these
Afflictions eclipsed by glory
And I realize just how beautiful You are to me and
How great Your love and affections are for me.

He is our portion and
He is our prize
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes
If grace is an ocean we're all sinking
So if Heaven meets Earth like a sloppy wet kiss
And my heart turns violently inside of my chest
I don't have time to maintain these regrets
When I think about the way

That He loves us
Oh, how He loves us
Oh, how He loves us
How he loves us so!


My finite mind cannot fully comprehend the love God has for me! It's hard for me to accept this kind of love because I know the kind of person I am. There is absolutely no good in me...yet God chose me, loves me, and pursues me completely and wholly!

"What marvelous love the Father has extended to us! Just look at it-we're
called the children of God!" -I John 3:1
"This is love: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His
Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins." -I John 4:10

I am so thankful that God looks past the mess that I make of myself daily, and loves me despite of who I am. Without this love, I am nothing.

No comments: