Monday, July 23, 2012

Rock Stars!!!

    Well, I am happy to say I or should I say we...dominated the race!  We even got medals...never mind the fact that EVERYONE got medals~not the point! 
    Anyway, we set a goal, and beat that goal by 2 minutes!  Had to walk 2 times, but still was able to cross the finish with diginity and best of all alongside Bobbi Jean!  She did great and finished the race without walking---so proud of her!!! 
    Ultimately, I had a GREAT weekend and had a great time catching up. And you know, it didn't matter that I wasn't in shape, I was able to help a dear friend accomplish a goal and that felt GREAT.  It wasn't about me, it was about her!!
    Our next adventure will be in June as we attempt the Warrior Dash-an army based obstacle course including a 5K...what was I thinking???!!!!
 

No comments: