Monday, March 12, 2007

Broadway or Hollywood?!

My drama class had their annual "Broadway Review" where we perform scenes and songs from Broadway shows. I will be posting more on this later. . . but, I brought home a little derby hat and mop that we used for "Step In Time" (a song and dance number from Mary Poppins). My boys are having so much fun with them!

Little Zach now gets the broom and hat and does his "step in time" routine on our fireplace all the while singing the showtune and snapping his fingers to the rythmn. He's definietely going to be Broadway bound.


Austen saw the hat as an opportunity to be "Durango," a cowboy character he has invented. He took the hat outside with his rifle and pretended to be shooting the big Indian, which happened to be me . . . you gotta love boys! Anyway, I'm thinking Austen is the next Clint Eastwood. . .




Whether Broadway or Hollywood, my boys are already stars in my eyes, and I can't wait to see what God has in store for them!!

4 comments:

Burman Batch said...

I love the pictures. Your boys do have a great imagination & it comes through in the photos.

hartgirlies said...

I wonder where your boys get their imagination from? Ah, it is all coming back to me now. I see a young girl, singing hymns to a tape recorder, while sitting on a dead tree at the lake. I also see a teenager, conducting interviews with "so-called" patrons of our high school programs, in front of a camcorder. Broadway or Hollywood...I wonder.

Bobbi said...

awwww~! Tell the boys I run around my house pretending to "step in time" also! Oh, it was sooo good to see you and the kids :) And the program was so good~!

mom2mine said...

Very cute little boys! They definately have an imagination!