Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Shelly

I know, I know. . . it's been entirely way to long since I have last posted on my blog. I have had a brief intermission with the drama in my life. I must say I have enjoyed the quietness of this intermission!

There is no way to ease into this post, so I will save the introduction and get to my point.
I have a dear friend named Shelly, who has been my best friend since I was 2 years of age. She is my dearest friend, someone who I have endured many hardships with, shared many a laugh with, and cried many a tear with. Shelly is the sister I never had, and the Harts are like my extended family.



Shelly's daughter, Aubree, is 11 years old and has had many health problems throughout her short little life. Thursday she will be undergoing a very serious surgery to correct some problems with her liver and spleen. I would so appreciate your prayers on my friend and her daughter's behalf. I could not even begin to explain this surgery, but if you would like to read Shelly's account, click on this link http://hartgirlies:Mystery
Please pray that God will give Shelly peace and will calm her anxious heart. Pray that God will give Aubree's doctor's wisdom and precision as they operate. Pray for Aubree that she will feel God's presense and that she will not be afraid.

Shelly is a rock and an inspiration to me. Through this difficult time, she has shown me what it is to trust God for everything. I am grateful for her friendship, and I know God will bless her for her faithfulness in Him!

1 comment:

hartgirlies said...

Amy! Thank you for posting this! You are like a sister to me too! (Holly is just the sister I never wanted...just kidding, Holly) I love you so much and I am so glad that our friendship has been taken to the next level. (I will not expound on that, for the readers who have a weak stomach...get it? STOMACH!!
You know that my strength only comes from God. It is certainly not my own! (That was quite evident during my emotional crisis, for that hour last night!)
You have always been there for me and all of the verses you shared with me last night, really helped.
Love you,
Shelly