Thursday, July 5, 2007

Fourth of July

I have always enjoyed the Fourth of July; it being one of my favorite holidays. This year we had a great time with my friend Nicki at her family/friend party. We had great food, great entertainment and great games- the Manahan family dominated Bochi Ball-is that how you spell it?!!

After the party, we headed home for a little nap before heading out to watch the fireworks. Fireworks this year were awesome!! I am always awed and amazed by the fireworks spectacular. This year we watched at a little park near Miller Park. Poor Zach had his fingers in his ear the whole time, but the rest of us had fun!

As always we take a family picture, which is a tradition. But, the catch is we try to take it ourselves. So, here we are, in the dark, and squished together, while I have my arm stcking out trying to get us all in the shot. Although we have yet to get it right, it is alot of fun looking through the viewfinder to see "who got cut off this time." This year, a super nice lady came to my rescue and took the family picture for us. It is the best picture to date because you can actually see us-all of us.


(oops, where's Austen) * (we lost part of Mark/no Austen)* (Thumbs up! We got it right) *
*notice how I always get myself in the picture. . . hmmm)






3 comments:

Mary Rose said...

Aha, those pics remind me of another attempted group shot... and as I recall, you always got yourself in the middle of those, too :) Well, as you say, just as it should be. I'm just so proud of you for updating your blog so fast! I can't wait to see you tomorrow!

~Libby

Anonymous said...

these are some nice blogs. :) i am glad to be checking. on a side note - i don't have facebook so i may never know the greatness of seeing what a manager can do for you. :) heart you lots! B

amy said...

L-yes, I Do always try to be the center, its because I never got any attention whhen I was younger (being an only child and all. . .)
B-Hey, thanks for checking in! With or without FACEBOOK, you still need a manager-it helps greatly!