Friday, July 27, 2007

APPLES

So, I have decided that my kids do not eat enough fruit, so my solution was to pack my two boys with an apple every day for lunch. I was so proud of myself when I cored each apple and gingerly placed them into each boys Glad Ziplock baggie-I made sure to squeeze lemon over the apples to insure they would not be brown when they went to eat their apples.

Monday, I glanced over and saw Austen chomping away thoroughly enjoying his snack of delicious apples. On Tuesday, I saw Zach throw away his empty lunch sack. . . I was so excited that he was finally eating heathly. On Wednesday, I didn't bother paying attention to what the boys were eating because I knew for sure they were eating and enjoying the tasty delicacy their mother had packed for them. I could hear their little voices begging for more apples over the weekend, wanting to replace their sugary snacks with more fruit!! My heart skipped a beat.

So, imagine my utter suprise when I saw Zach in the kitchen at school with Miss "Morefross" crying his little heart out. I was sure he was sad because he had run out of apples and wanted more! That's what my mind was telling me, but my ears were hearing another story. . .

Apparently Zach was scared after he had opened his locker; something had invaded his locker and was flying in the hallway. You see, little Zach had NOT been eating his apples, he had been "saving them for later." Little flies had been feasting on his delicious and healthy snacks and now were out searching (I am sure) for more delicious and healthy snacks.

Needless to say, Zach doesn't get apples for lunch anymore. . .

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Needless to say..." I love that story! Oh, with the tears streaming down his poor little face! "They're in my loter!" "What?" "They're in dere!" And let me tell you, that was quite a swarm of fruit flies your son had collected in there :) Got any other healthy ideas for them?
Love,
Miss Morefross/Mofoss

P.S. Did you get that Nutty Bar out of there, too, or will we open it up next week to find chocolate-flies?

girlie girl said...

Cute. Can't wait til my "healthy eater" starts school!

amy said...

Libby, I knew I forgot something on Friday. . . You've got the whole Zach lingo down! I love it!!!
Callie-Just wait. . . school adds a whole other dimension to things!!!

Anonymous said...

you all entertain me. Ms. Amy Manahan, i trust you will be rejoining the choir when we pipe back up again... b/c my evening will not be complete without a random makeout comment or two... :) miss you!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, guess what happened today? We checked out your sons' lockers during snack... and found a whole bunch more food. In addition to the apples, little Zacky had been storing sandwiches, candy, peaches, and peppers, and Austen had a few sandwich items of his own to add to the mix. You should've seen all the flies that came out of those 'loters'! But it's all cleared up for ya now, just waiting for the next helping of 'healthy snacks'. Your boys are too cute! We miss them a lot!

;P

hartgirlies said...

It is about time that you stop feeding your boys candy bars for breakfast! Hee Hee! Just kidding!

Anonymous said...

pretend I'm Larry the Cucumber:

Oh where did your posts go?
oh where did your posts go?
oh where oh where oh where oh where oh where oh where oh WHERE!
did your posts go?

Anonymous said...

i'm saddened by your lack of posting. :(

Anonymous said...

so, i visit this site regularly and i find myself disappointed that the Lovely Mrs. Amy Manahan has yet to entertain her readers with a new tale... i miss her witty anecdotes and the way she shares her life... Amy, where are you? :)

just teasing - miss you, heart you, have a great Christmas season!!