Monday, July 2, 2007

This and That

This post is dedicated to Mamie, who I am pretty sure is my only faithful reader left since I don't update my blog nearly enough! So, Mamie. . . enjoy!

I sort of feel like there is not a whole lot to post. I am working at Kidz Central 5 days a week and my life pretty much consists of breaking up little girl fights (a new experience), preparing snacks, heading up games, and making crafts. Yep, I've resorted to craft making, which I am no Martha Stewart. I either get obsessive compulsive with my own craft or obsessive compulsive with the kids crafts. Either way, I am not a crafter!! But I am learning a lot about dealing with little children. I wouldn't categorize myself as a "love to watch other people's children" sort of gal (just ask Shelly), but I find this job rather enjoyable and I never dread going to work each day. It is very challenging-in a good way! Every day is different and I love the kids to death!! Plus, I get to be with my own kids and see how they interact with the other kids.


Of course, I am learning a whole new vocabulary that I would never use with my high school students! Infact, I don't really use it with my own kids. Here's just a few expressions that I find myself using quite frequently: "We don't bonk people on the head. Let's use our walking feet! Stop, look and listen! All right, we're having a sniff test to see if you used soap when you washed your hands!" Yeah, I'm a changed woman. I also work with great people! We have so much fun with together!


I would be the one in the big, black, "mom" suit! Which on a side note. . .
Where are all the cutey and hip suits for moms?! Especially moms who might be a tad busty? I mean, once I resolved not to look like an 85 year old grandma and refused to buy a suit with flowers and gold trim-I was left with that little number. I don't think the "little black dress" mentality applies to the bathing suit! Yikes!!

Anyway, Mark and I celebrated our 10th anniversary. Hard to believe he has stayed with me for so long, huh?! We decided that we would celebrate with a nice romantic night out. . . with the boys! Yep, the boys tagged along. . . real romantic. We ate out at a Japanese restaurant where they cook your food at your table. Then we went to Grady's Family Fun Center where we drove go-carts and bumper boats. After that, we ended the evening with ice cream. I wouldn't have imagined celebrating such a momentous occasion with the boys, but we had fun night. Austen commented that this was the "best day ever!" He seemed to think that every day should be anniversary! I agree, if it means Mark buying me presents every day!!

This is what Mark and I have become after 10 years of marriage-not bad, eh?!



I should also mention that I have FACEBOOK now. Yeah, like I need more to do on the computer! I can barely manage this blog, what makes me think I can manage a FACEBOOK?! But, the difference is that I have a manager. Alyssa is my FACEBOOK manager- posting and commenting on my pictures, editing, adding new friends. I wish I could have other managers managing all my other duties in life-wouldn't that be great?!
All right, so now you are updated. I hope to post tomorrow or Wednesday. . . perhaps I need to look into getting a blog manager!

9 comments:

Mary Rose said...

Mrs. Manahan, you rock!
Thanks for dedicating your post to me, I feel so special and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

I praise God for giving me such great friends in the Kidz Central staff, (that means you). You fill me with laughs every day that I'm there.
Keep breaking up those girl fights! Your doing a great job!
- Mamie

Oh, and next time we play kickball I want you to be on my team.

amy said...

Thanks, Mamie. I appreciate your faithfulness!
We are having tons of fun this summer, aren't we?!! Hard to believe we get paid for playing kickball! :)

Mary Rose said...

You DO rock! And I stay updated on your blog, too!

I also enjoy getting to know you @ KC. You're a hoot! I was sure you would mention that story about Haylie's "empty" water cup. Oh well. And your crafts aren't bad at all, but I guess I was only there for one of them (but the blubber was pretty popular, huh?).

I agree with Mamie--you're doing a great job! Kidz Central has been even more fun for me this year than last!
~Libby

Though I don't know if I can ever play kickball again...

mitchells2000 said...

Hey - I still read your blog, too... except it's on my Google Reader (which I LOVE)! That means that it lets me know when there is an updated post, so I don't have to check them manually every day! It's awesome! Good to hear you're having a good summer, and congrats on 10 years!

girlie girl said...

FINALLY!!!! I've beeb checking your blog religously! Glad to see you're enjoying work. Happy 10th Ann. Wow! 10 years! oh, and I just bought a "mommy suit" too! I opted for the skirt half way down my thigh! We should design our own swim wear! Oh, and I also just started a Facebook account. What a time waster,uh,...I means useful tool!

girlie girl said...

oops! I meant "been" of course!

Anonymous said...

i'm kind of sad that you don't have enough faith in me to believe me when i said i check your blog regularly. :( it's okay. i love you anyway - and with Tara gone, you're just going to have to deal with all of the "no i will not make out with you" randomness i can throw out there. :)

Dora said...

sexy "mom" bathing suit! you said you were busty! ha ha.. remember in college when you wished you had a little something something there, careful what you wish for! miss ya tons!

amy said...

Callie, I am so with you in designing our own swimwear!! Why can't we be cute and attractive too?! I tried the skirt suit, but it was a little skimpy in the chest area-bummer! Hey, we should all go to the pool together and then we could model our "mom" suits!
Becky-Jacque just used that line on me today. . . WOW, it never gets old-too funny!
Dora-Finally someone who knew me when. . . Everyone thinks that I have always looked liked this, but I used to be sexy!!