Friday, December 14, 2007

Austen James Manahan


This should have been my first post since my huge lapse from the blogging world, but...
on November 11th, my son Austen comes up to me after Sunday School. he looks at me and says, "Oh, mom, I asked Jesus into my heart today." I looked at him, tears in my eyes and tell him how proud I am of him. He smiles and then it happened...I began asking question after question. I couldn't stop myself, the questions were flying out of my mouth with no chance of him actually being able to answer them all. "Who was speaking in Sunday School?" "What did they say that made you think you needed Jesus to come into your heart?" "Who did you talk to?" "What did you say when you talked to your Sunday School teacher?" On and on I went, until Austen says, "Mom, stop asking me so many questions! I just asked Jesus into me heart! That's it!" I was just excited about his special news that I wanted to find out all that I could...

So, we went our to celebrate Austen's salvation experience, and since then he has told his teachers, his grandparents, and friends. I can't tell you how exciting it is to know your child is saved and going to Heaven! He has been a changed little boy, too. He talks to Mark and I about making good choices, and wants to pray every night before bed. It's really neat to watch him grow!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

That is so awesome! Praise the Lord!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I am so happy for you and sooooo excited! Little Austy...! So we need to hang out again sometime, eh? ;) That's so cool--congratulations!

Anonymous said...

this is by far the best post ever! I'm so glad you re-joined the blogging arena. :) Sounds like the holiday spectacular was also pretty... spectacular. :) You were a great Penelope, btw. :) miss you loads - have a super amazing fantastic day!!

girlie girl said...

That's awesome! I've been praying more lately that God would open Isaiah's eye's to the truth of the gospel. What a huge praise! Thanks for sharing this with us.

Unknown said...

Congratulations and Praise the Lord! There is nothing like knowing your children will join you in heaven!