Friday, December 21, 2007

Santa

So, we never really encouraged the whole Santa Claus thing with Austen-not that we thought it was evil or anything, just never did it. People would ask Austen what Santa was going to bring him for Christmas, and Austen would reply, "Santa's not real...my mom and dad give me presents." Austen was the one that emphatically told Zach that Santa was not real, and Zach willingly went a long. At Holiday Specatcular, Zach is sitting backstage-imagine little Zach when Santa comes off the stage and gives him a high five... Zach's eyes got as big as saucers and he became speechless for a few seconds. He looks at me(still wide-eyed and still looking at Santa) and says, "He is real!"
Now when Austen says Santa isn't real, little Zach replies, "Yes he is! I saw him and I gave him a high five!!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's funny. My parents were avid anti-Santa folks... and easter bunny and tooth fairy. Partly because we never had the money for excuses to give more presents, but mostly because mom felt it detracted from the reasons for the seasons. i used to think it silly, but i came to respect it and i hope to raise my kids that way too (assuming i ever have any)...

on a funnier note... that whole high-5 thing is fantastic!!! it makes me giggle a LOT.

Anonymous said...

i miss you... and rumor has it that i'll be seeing even less of you. :(