Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Cowboy

Hopefully this story will not frighten any of you or cause you to wonder about my parenting skills. My son Austen is 7 years old, and he has an active imagination, which I encourage (hello,
I 'm a drama teacher!). Anyway, Zach (3) and Austen were playing cowboys and indians last night. I noticed Austen had something in his mouth and was flinging something around in his hand. All of a sudden, Austen runs into the kitchen where I was, and throws this thing at me. According to Austen it was a grenade, 'cuz cowboys , I'm sure, had grenades. I didn't pay too much attention to him until I looked at what he had thrown. The grenade was actually the inside of an unused tampon (the cotton and string). Then I noticed what he had in his mouth: the outside of the tampon. Apparantly, he was using that as his cigar, 'cuz all good cowboys smoke cigars! I was a little horrified when I realized that Austen had gotten into my tampons. . . but then, I was a bit proud of him-how CREATIVE and IMAGINATIVE!! With that talent, this kid is going places, for sure!!

2 comments:

Dora said...

SUPER FUNNY!!! you're kids certainly take after your creative and imaginative self!!! gross, but funny!

Burman Batch said...

Hey Amy!! I love that story. It is so funny!! What a good story to tell his future fiancee. It was great to find your blog!!

Andrea "Karlson" Burman