Friday, January 26, 2007

ENCOURAGEMENT

The Lord always knows what we need at just the right time! I will be honest with all of you, I have been a tad discouraged lately. Satan is so good at trying to trip us up in our Christian walk. I have made the verse in 1Corinthians my goal for this year. Not to focus on things seen for they are temporary, but to focus on things unseen for they are eternal. It seems like the more I try to keep eterninty in my view, the more Satan trys to blur my vision.
But, today I was so encouraged when I saw the comments from friends that I haven't seen or talked to for quite some time. I needed to know there were people out there that remembered me, and still cared for me, and that experience the same kind of trials.
I'm new to this whole blog thing, and it was a little scary starting something like this. It has turned out to be such a huge blessing that God had in store for me all along [right, Donnette? :)] But, it has been so much fun getting re-aquainted with everyone. I have been encouraged by your comments and blessed by what you have to offer each day through your blogs. I feel as if we have a network of support through one another. Even though we are miles a part, and though it has been ages since we have all been together, and even though we may not have been super close friends, we are all able to encourage, support, laugh and cry with each other through this network; we are united through Christ and we are all a family in Him. Thank you to all who have posted comments; it made my day! I look forward to seeing how God will bring us all closer to Him through each other!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

uh, oh...amy, you'd better password protect your blog....

I agree, Amy, sometimes I wish I could go back to college and focus more on Christ than on circumstances that made me irritable. What an encouragemnt....looking forward to more posts!

Dora said...

I am glad that we are back in touch. you are right.. it is such a blessing talking to people who go through similar things.. I swear we had the same thought.. read my blogg for today.. it was like you were reading my mind and then when I read your entry.. I love you and miss you so much.. you made me laugh all the time...I miss hanging out with you.. I am glad that we can encourage eachother and I hope you know that I am always here if you ever need me.

amy said...

okay, so how do I password protect my blog?! I'm new at this. . .I don't understand!! HELP ME!

mom2mine said...

Amy,
I know I just commented yesterday but I had to write again. I wanted to echo your thoughts on blogging and encouraement. That is one of my favorite things about blogging.

I am so enjoying *seeing* all the people from school too. It is good to see where everyone is. BTW. we are just a hundred miles north of you! We are back in IL.

Anonymous said...

COMMENT EDITING:
Okay...go to your dashboard (where you have to edit and create new posts). At the top of the screen go to:
1. SETTINGS
under that there will be selections and go to
2. COMMENTS
From there you have two choices.
1. Enable comment moderation. I think that means that they will email you all the comments and then you can select which ones get posted...(select YES or NO).OR
2. Show word verification for comments (select YES or NO)

I like word verification, just because then I don't have to wait for comments to show up...but some people may like to read tha comments privately before allowing them to be posted...I've never had any "bad or lude" comments though...so hence, I chose word verification.

Hope that helps!!