Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Hooray!!

Not sure if you're "allowed" to make 2 posts in one day-me being new to this blog stuff and all. But, I just received information that Austen got approved for his FM System! Austen has hearing aids due to a genetic hearing loss, and it has been difficult for him to hear in the classroom due to all the background noise. The FM System hooks up to his hearing aids, and the teacher wears a special microphone that she talks into. The sound of the teacher's voice goes directly into Austen's hearing aids, cutting out the background noise or at least making it easier for him to hear the teacher. I guess little Austen was only hearing 65% of what the teacher was saying without the FM, and now he hears 90% with the FM! So, Austen has been approved from the school district to receive the FM, which was a huge answer to prayer. We are now faced with getting funding for the FM-these things aren't cheap! But, God has been so good to us in the past, and I know He will make a way for us to be able to afford the FM.

2 comments:

Dora said...

I hope that everything goes well and he get's what he needs!! you need to put some pictures up of your family.

amy said...

Joscelyn! How excited was I when I saw you on my blog!! Wow! It certainly has been awhile hasn't it? I'll tell you, I made fun of this blog thing a lot before a friend of mine hooked me up. But, it has introduced me to so many people that I had lost contact with-I love it!