Thursday, January 25, 2007

Give Me Jesus

I had my Bible study last night. We are studying the book of Revelations through a book by Anne Lotz Graham called The Vision of Jesus. This study has been so good for me becuase it is giving me a new and fresh perspective of Jesus. After the video session, we sang the song Give Me Jesus, which happens to be a favorite of mine.
My desire is to thirst so much for Jesus that I would be willing to give up this world for Him. It is so easy for me to become so focused on this world with all of its dramas. I become so self-absorbed with my hurts, my problems, my insecurities, etc. . .that I lose sight of Jesus. It isn't until I am willing to turn around and see Him, and yield to Him that He gives me a glimpse of all that He is and all that He can do. It is then that I quickly realize that it is not all about me, but it is all about HIM!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy! I'm soooooo glad that you commented! AND that you have a BLOG...I have quite a few "Weeks Girls" on my list! Welcome to blogland!

Dora said...

YEAH!!!! that is a great blogg today.. really makes you think about things.. thanks! I love the picture.. thanks for the e-mail... I am so glad we are back in touch.. I have no idea what is going on with Bridget, I was hoping you would know..

Donette said...

Amy, I had no idea that you blogged! Welcome to the wonderful world that connects old friends and makes new ones. Come visit my blog anytime! And I noticed that "Bobbi" got you into this, is that my good friend, Bobbi Jo? If she has a blog, you HAVE to let me know! So good to find your blog!

P.S. I guess if she really were a good friend, I would know this, right? Well, moving hasn't helped some of my relationships from back home!

Gretchen said...

AMY! I am TOTALLY blessed by your post. I found your blog through G-Knee's (which is what everyone else does, too) and I was thrilled by the freshness and vitality in your post.

I THIRST for Jesus, too! I am just beginning to realize how precious He is, and how knowing Him is really and truly my heart's desire.

Anyway, I don't know if you'll remember me from MBBC days, but I was in Pygmalion with you (I did your lovely Eliza hair!) and I thought you were the funnest, coolest girl EVER! OH! And I was in your Winnie the Pooh recital as Owl. Amy Moit was the coolest ever! I'm SO glad blogging has put me back in touch with so many other people I would NEVER know now otherwise.

Anyway, stop by blog whenever you get a chance. ~Gretchen (Benzing) Neisler

Burman Batch said...

Amy, You truly echo my thoughts with this last post.

Gretchen, Thank you for reminding me that we were in Pygmalion together. I had so much fun with you!! I too Amy was chosen to be in your Winnie the Pooh as the very motherly Kanga. :)

I have always enjoyed your enthusiasm, Amy!!

Andrea "Karlson" Burman

Jill said...

Hi Amy! I found you through G-Knee's blog. I remember you from Weeks dorm. I'm glad you have a blog - and I've got to say that I laughed out loud when I read the "Cowboy" post! Too funny!

Jill (Peterson) Ice
theiceconnection.blogspot.com

mitchells2000 said...

Hey, Amy...don't know if you remember me, but this is Heather (Chromy) Mitchell. You probably knew my bro, Steve, better. Anyway, thanks for posting this blog... part of the reason I love blogging is to find that others have the same desires/struggles that I do, and be encouraged/challenged by their transparency as well. Check out my blog: www.mitchells2000.blogspot.com