Thursday, April 26, 2007

Almighty God

In the midst of play practices, doctor appointments, getting my house ready for company tomorrow, and church campaigns-I was quieted by God this morning. With all the busyness of my life right now, I needed to be calmed by God's quiet voice. I love how God always seems to have just the right verse at just the right moment in time or how He plans my devotions to correlate with the events in my life.

Today I was reminded of God's greatness. There are times when I get myself into situations that are bigger than me. I fret, I worry, I stress, and I lose hope. How comforting to know that there is no situation so great that God is not greater still. He knows me, He cares about me, He stregnthens me, and He helps me. God is always there and God can do anything!

So, as I face the mountains of my to-do list, I know that Almighty God is on my side. What is huge to me, is nothing in God's eyes. Through Christ, I can do all things!!

3 comments:

Mary Rose said...

Hey You!
I read your post on The Birds...VERY funny! I could even HEAR you saying everything! :)

Thanks for putting a link to my blog...I've been telling people about your great writing... I really am so encouraged by your heart to see God in all the parts of your daily life! This is what I call keepin' it REAL! You GO girl! :)
MR

Dora said...

hey.. you are such a blessing..
hope you have a great weekend.. will you re e-mail your phone number.. I lost that and your e-mail address!

Gretchen said...

Hmmm. . .

Solid thoughts, Amy.

Your theology about God DOES impact day to day life if you actually BELIEVE it. What a rest and a comfort we have to know that He has all things in His hand, and has made the earth His footstool!