Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Alfred Hitchcock's THE BIRDS II

I walk into the house after an exhausting day, put my groceries on the counter and prepare to put the groceries away. Meanwhile, Austen is digging into the new snacks and Zach runs to the bathroom. Zach runs back into the kitchen saying the bird in the bathroom scared him. I'm thinking, "Bird? What bird? He must be telling me one of his stories." So, I walk to the bathroom door, all the while asking him about the littlel birdie. I stop at the door and peer in. All of a sudden, this mammoth bird flies over my head!! Those who know me, know that I am deathly afraid of birds-I hate them! I think it all started with that BIRD movie by Hitchcock. Anyway, as you can imagine, I screamed and ran to my bedroom, where I proceed to lock the door (just in case the bird was going to try to get in my room). As I shut the door, I thought to myself: I am bigger than this bird. I am an adult woman. I must be brave for the sake of my children. I am going to go get that bird out of my house! So, I muster all the strength that I have and open the door. I creep into the living room, where the bird is crouched on my lamp looking at me. I truly believe the bird was waiting for me, honestly! I look at the bird, the bird looks at me. Then, it starts flapping it's wings and starts flying around my living room like a crazy bird. Being the adult woman, I scream bloody murder and run back to the safety of my room and children.

By now, my heart is beating fast, my pulse is racing-I am a terrified woman! I call Mark- my rock, my stronghold-who apparently doesn't know me very well. He suggests that I go get the fish net we have in our entry way and proceed to catch the bird. What?! He wants me to go catch the bird in a net? Are you kidding me?! I am a grown woman, who has locked herself in her bedroom. You want me to go catch a bird?!! So, I wait for Mark to arrive, which seemed to take forever.

Meanwhile, my icecream is melting because I left it on the counter. So, I again, muster some courage to go back into the kitchen to put my ice cream away. I ever so gingerly open the bedroom door, and tiptoe into the kitchen. The bird is flapping away in the living room, and hit the wall-I beleive in attempts to scare me and keep me in my bedroom-it is a very controlling bird! So, I jump, scream, and run back to the bedroom-the ice cream can wait. I certainly don't want to upset the bird or make it angry-who knows what powers this bird has and the what harm it can do to me.

I'm waiting, patiently for my husband to come home, when I hear some thumping noises in the living room. I thought the bird was knocking things over on my walls on purpose of course. I begin to open the door, when a loud bang hit the door. I scream at the top of my lungs because I know for sure the bird has found my safe haven and is attacking the door to get in and get me.

Behind the door, I hear laughter. Knowing that birds can't laugh, I soon realize that my husband has come home and has rid our house of the monsterous bird. He thought it would be funny to play a little trick on his poor, defenseless wife.

How did he get the bird out, you may ask? He opened the door and it flew out.

Here is a picture of the bird that was in my house. Granted, it is not the exact bird. My bird was much more menancing looking, and had the look of revenge in his eyes. But, you get the picture. . .

7 comments:

mitchells2000 said...

Too funny... This is a great story! So how, exactly, did this fearsome bird get INTO your house?

Jenny said...

Ah, ice cream. The only thing for which an untimely, melty demise would to really motivate facing the fearsome fowl.

amy said...

That is the horror of this story. . I have NO idea how the bird got into our house. You can only imagine my fear each time I enter my house wondering if the evil bird is back to wreck some more havoc!
And yes, jenny, it was Snicker's ice cream. Well worth the trecherous trek to the kitchen. :)

hartgirlies said...

I am shocked that you do not treasure this precious creature that the Lord hath made for His glory! OK, so I really don't like birds either. My mom's attack bird ruined my love for fine feathered friends.
At least it gave you something to blog about! It is about time you updated!!! When I win the lotto, which I never play, I will buy you your own computer, for the sole purpose of blogging.

girlie girl said...

I can't stop laughing! Too bad you didn't get that on video - you could have won enough money to replace the damaged lamps, pictues, wall, melted ice cream, etc... This made my day!

Bobbi said...

Amy, oh my sin, I laughed OUT LOUD in my office when I read this! I just wish I could have been there to witness the madness! I could definately picture those events vividly in my mind however. oh, too funny~!

Dora said...

yay! it's about time you blogged! I missed you and you certainly made up for it with this crazy story! I can only imagine if something that crazy would have happened in old weeks dorm! we would have screamed like madness and laughed like crazy later!!!!
you slay me, I am getting verclempt!