Thursday, April 12, 2007

Amy Oakley rides again

One of the perks of working on a horse farm is that we are able to ride the horses. I am not a horse lover, but horses are my husband's passion. On occassion, I will actually ride a horse with Mark, which makes him super happy. It is his goal in life to make me a cowgirl. I really don't mind riding, but there is noone to watch the boys. So, I don't get the chance to ride very often.

Last night, my husband put on his little pouty eyes and asked me if I would ride one of the horses he is trying to get ready for a lesson this weekend. I wasn't really wanting to ride, but I haven't ridden for almost 2 years, and I knew it would make Mark's night! So, I rode for about 30 minutes and actually had alot of fun. The boys played in the tack room and watched me ride, and they thought I was pretty cool. Of course that didn't last for very long. . .


Anyway, I thought I would post a picture of me riding Casey. He is a beautiful horse-the picture doesn't do him justice. I made a deal with Mark that I would ride with him at least once a week. I figure this could be a little hobby that we share with each other. And who knows, maybe this will make Mark want to attend more plays with me!!

2 comments:

Dora said...

nice picture, cowgirl!
man I wish you lived closer! I think we might go to chicago next summer..for a family reunion...is that anywhere close to you? probly not...
hey have you seen or heard anything from Tina? I always wonder what she is up too.

amy said...

Oh, Dora. Chicago is only around 2 hours away. . .we could totally meet up; that would be so much fun!! I was just telling my friend Shelly all about you and the funny things we used to do together. I miss you, Dora.
Tina, Tina, Tina. Let's see. She got married to a guy named Jesse, he went to MBBC for a little while. She has 2 boys and one on the way!! She lives in Ocala, Florida. I see her every once in awhile when she comes to visit Joan (her mom).
Drop me an e-mail with you rphone number-I will call you sometime!